"Do I really want to be a mechanical engineer?"
This was the question asked by a student to me and I chose to write a simple answer to it. Hope it helps!
This was the question asked by a student to me and I chose to write a simple answer to it. Hope it helps!
Go to HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! Try understanding the underlying principle/ working of any mechanical equipment like transmission/ pump/ compressor/ air conditioner/ engine/ assembly line/ packaging equipment. If you find it interesting then this can be your area. Or download a free modelling software .Try learning it. If you are interested then you can opt for ME. look at everything around you. Car, bikes, fans, nails, bolts, hacksaws, refrigerator. If you are interseted in knowing how they are constructed then this can be your area. But remember these are only the symptoms. The research problem is far more intense!!
Read my answer on Quora on how is a day in life of a typical mechanical engineer. You might have such days in future!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.