I have a always been a believer of the notion that confidence of winning even before the onset of game ensures victory. You will win the game and if not, you will win hearts. After having experienced, similar interviews, I was all set to to nail this one! One thing I have learnt through all these experiences is "be yourself."
Actors: 5 Panelists, Chetna (Me)
(I enter in the interview chamber)
P1: So Chetna why do you want to join FPM?
C: I have always been inclined towards gaining in-depth knowledge of whatever I do/ Read. I have an eye for detail. This makes me feel that Research program is meant for me.
P2: Why FPM, why not M.Tech?
C: I want to study management and not purely technical stuff.
P3: I went through your Payslip. Why do you want to leave such good paying job and come here?
C: The quest for knowledge. I am not gaining much there in job. The nature of my job involves lot of delegation. But I want to read, I want to have in depth learning.
P4: An administrator's job requires lots of delegation. Are you undermining such jobs?
C: I am not undermining anyone's job. That is their area of interest. I am interested in getting in details of whatever I do. I don't want to end up handling manpower end of the day.
P1: Why Operations Management?
C: I am fond of operations research subject since my engineering days. I chose to work in HUL in supply chain management profile in spite of being placed in Infosys as well.
P5: So tell me when do we use Simplex method?
C: We use simplex to solve linear programming problems with more than 2 variables.
P5: How do we solve 2D problems?
C: We can solve graphically.
P1: Can you explain Simplex?
(I am not able to recall and they get a sense of it)
P1: When was the last time you studied operations research?
C: 2011. Almost 3 years back
(So they tell me to leave it)
P2: You must have tried for PGP, your profile is well suited for it.
C: You can check my application history. I haven't applied for PGP anywhere as I think it is not correct path for me. I have a research orientation.
P5: (seemingly on lighter note) Joining this program might affect your personal life. You might not be able to get married for the next few years, till you complete it.
C: I don't want to get married till I am settled and my parents are okay with it.
P5: So you are already 24 (looks at my Birth date and every one else join him.
P1, P2, P3, P4, P5: Wish you a very happy Birthday!!!
A few days later I received a mail- Stating " Congratulations.................."
Actors: 5 Panelists, Chetna (Me)
(I enter in the interview chamber)
P1: So Chetna why do you want to join FPM?
C: I have always been inclined towards gaining in-depth knowledge of whatever I do/ Read. I have an eye for detail. This makes me feel that Research program is meant for me.
P2: Why FPM, why not M.Tech?
C: I want to study management and not purely technical stuff.
P3: I went through your Payslip. Why do you want to leave such good paying job and come here?
C: The quest for knowledge. I am not gaining much there in job. The nature of my job involves lot of delegation. But I want to read, I want to have in depth learning.
P4: An administrator's job requires lots of delegation. Are you undermining such jobs?
C: I am not undermining anyone's job. That is their area of interest. I am interested in getting in details of whatever I do. I don't want to end up handling manpower end of the day.
P1: Why Operations Management?
C: I am fond of operations research subject since my engineering days. I chose to work in HUL in supply chain management profile in spite of being placed in Infosys as well.
P5: So tell me when do we use Simplex method?
C: We use simplex to solve linear programming problems with more than 2 variables.
P5: How do we solve 2D problems?
C: We can solve graphically.
P1: Can you explain Simplex?
(I am not able to recall and they get a sense of it)
P1: When was the last time you studied operations research?
C: 2011. Almost 3 years back
(So they tell me to leave it)
P2: You must have tried for PGP, your profile is well suited for it.
C: You can check my application history. I haven't applied for PGP anywhere as I think it is not correct path for me. I have a research orientation.
P5: (seemingly on lighter note) Joining this program might affect your personal life. You might not be able to get married for the next few years, till you complete it.
C: I don't want to get married till I am settled and my parents are okay with it.
P5: So you are already 24 (looks at my Birth date and every one else join him.
P1, P2, P3, P4, P5: Wish you a very happy Birthday!!!
A few days later I received a mail- Stating " Congratulations.................."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.