Monday, 14 March 2016

HUL Interview Experience

"After a grilling session of around 30 minutes, the final question had arrived. I don't know why my intuition said this is going to be the knock out question"
Chetna: Sir, in case if clash arises I will negotiate and find the way forward.
TI: You should not negotiate over right things. There is black and there is white. Tell us how will you convince your subordinates.
C: Sir, I am a polite person. I have always believed in winning hearts. It is very difficult for some one to say no to me.
(they smiled.....)
TI: (seemingly on a lighter note) So you are a mechanical engineer. You must be helping your parents whenever a problem occurs with any household appliance.
C: Washing machine, Mixer, Press,  fuse....everything is corrected by mom. I really don't know how to do that. My mother says she is the true engineer of our family without having a degree, while I am not.....
(they smile again)
HI: Thank you Chetna. We are done.
I left with the satisfaction of  being myself in front of them and hailing with my "trademark" smile on my face throughout the interview.
After two days I received a phone call, that said "you are selected."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.